Roti Canai @ Pulau Tikus

It was an amazing day on 17.02.12 as my bestie had a wonderful pre bday celebration with me. (Arigatou ne!)

We started the day by going out for a simple Malaysian breakfast -- Roti Canai!
One of my fav local delicacies of all time...too bad they don't have Roti Pisang (Banana flat bread...i mean)

We went to a lil shop located at the same row of Pulau Tikus' Police Station.

To be exact, the shop is located next to a newspaper stall  (you can see magazines, newspaper and bread out side the shop) and opposite Swee Kong Coffee Shop which is famous for its Wan Tan noodles, Hokkien noodles and apom (a type of Indian pancake) for breakfast.




The facade of the shop ( I didn't notice the name)
You can see the lane beside the shop...followed by a small florist.
See the hearts hanging outside the flower shop?

It is actually beside the busy Pulau Tikus road.





My roti canai!
The bread is not too oily...however the texture can be improved.
 My bestie told me that it was delicious when she had it a while ago.
-shrug- I have no idea.

The gravy was rather thin and not fragrant enough for my liking.
Would prefer something thicker with more ingredient for me to 'dig' in.
The good thing is...the roti canai is cut into small pieces while serving.



Teh tarik and iced tea
Didn't see enough bubbles on the surface of my tea.
But...it was fine...the taste was decent.
I ordered a less sweetened one. 



2 half boiled eggs.
My friend's fav...not mine.
Best eaten straight away when warm 
with a few dash of pepper and light soy sauce.
The eggs was a bit watery for this one.



The nasi lemak available at the shop.
BT and TI...we didn't ask but made a wild guess here:

BT - Bilis Telur (Anchovies and eggs)
TI - Telur dan Ikan  (Eggs and fish)
They placed the nasi lemak on a piece of wooden surface attached on the pillar,
just above out table. @.@



The metallic table attached on the wooden door,
beside the shop.
See the lane and the houses?
It really has a nostalgic feel.
I wanna sit there next time!


Well, the roti is so-so...I wouldn't say that it is delicious...It just managed to fill your grumbling stomach.
No complaint for a non-picky eater like me. 

Food: 6/10 (decent...just ok for a regular roti canai)

Ambiance: 7/10 ( I like the atmosphere eating in an old wooden shop..it is epic...dunno will it still be around after 2 years?) 

Comments