Sakae Sushi @ Gurney Plaza, Penang

I am a fan of Asian culture. The Japanese culture is unique and beautiful and I really reeeealy adore the way they present their food, as well as the architecture and fabric design. Ok...I am a fan of anime and manga. The point is...I am not a weebo nor an Otaku. XP

When it comes to local Japanese chain restaurant, I will either go for Sakae Sushi or Sushi King. They have their own specialities and I can't judge which is better. =.= I went to Sakae Sushi twice during my long break from work as I was craving for their tempura ramen. X3



The mascot of Sakae Sushi.




Genmaicha or Ocha is a must for me
while noming sushi.
Ah...they are a perfect combination.



A sign with the prices of the sushi available 
on the conveyor belt.
A stingy person like me won't indulge the blue plate
most of the time. 



Tempura Ramen of Sakae Sushi

Tried this the other day and I like the taste of it.
The soup is not too salty and it is just superb for me
who wants to eat something light.
I mean something which is less spicy.
Forgotten bout the price of this though 



The tempura that comes with the ramen.
(2 prawns, sweet potato, bell pepper and aubergine)

Crispy and hot.
However, it is a bit oily.
(Tempura...deep fried, thus oily)
Tastes good with the ramen's soup base.
So, I do not need to request for tempura sauce.

Ah...something deep fried for my guilty pleasure.



Crispy Anago (salt water eel) Roll @ RM7.80 (with Sakae card)

(Non member price: RM 9.80)

The signature black plate of SMS (Sakae Monthly Special).
This is decent, not extremely delicious though.
The ingredients complimented well, including the thousand island like
dipping sauce.

Surprisingly, I found that anago tastes better than unagi.


The sushi that I usually order.
Can't remember the name though. Gomenasai!




One of my fav because of the cheese on top.




Soft Shell Crab Temaki 

Got this for RM1 because of the hot deals I got
as a Sakae member. Pretty worth it.


Sushi can be an expensive indulgence. However, coupons and voucher can be get from the newspaper and on line. Sometimes on random publication like the Citibank's Housing Loan's Booklet (no idea what it is called) and Popular Book Store's PopClub magazine.

There are amazing deals for Citibank card holder and Sakae Sushi card member as well.
More updates coming up as I will go there from time to time.


Food: 8/10 (decent ramen and sushi, depends on what you order. Read of some complaints on other places outlet but I have no idea. Rumours perhaps.)

Ambiance: 8/10 ( I like the interior design...classy dark wooden furniture. Sushi-go-round never fail to make me excited!)

More info: Sakae Sushi


Comments