The Little Nyonya Cuisine (小娘惹)@ Gurney Plaza, Penang

I've seen tons of people queueing outside The Little Nyonya Cuisine ( or can be known as White House Coffee) during my shopping spree in Gurney Plaza for months. I haven't tried the food yet as I am inpatient when it comes to waiting for a place to be seated in a restaurant or shop. rofl

Anyway, my buddy decided to check it out during out trip to Gurney and I was amazed that the eatery was not crowded on that day. (It was a Friday, btw)


Nyonya Curry Chicken Rice @ RM 8.80

The squarish rice is cute. lolz


The chicken curry is fine as it is not extremely spicy.
(else, my buddy would be complaining to me.)

It seems that the curry tastes like the one served in curry noodles. o.O
I didn't really taste it, so, I can't describe much.



 Nyonya Sweet and Sour Fish Rice @ RM 9.80

Not too sour and the gravy tastes good, in my opinion.
Thumbs up from me due to the papadom. rofl

The fish is fine and prolly there might be a better
dish of this else where.



Nyonya Otak Bean Curd @ RM 12.00

Hmm...this should be known as Otak Tofu instead. xp
The dish is served steaming hot, so
beware your tongue...lolz

Crispy on the outside and soft yummy otak on the inside.
 You can enjoy the tofu on its own or dip it
in the curry gravy served.

I really like this one.
A unique dish to try out.



Iced Chocolate Drink (香浓巧克力) @ RM 4.80

Unfortunately, I can't really recall the full name of this drink
as the receipt printed out as "Chocolate"

Never mind bout that.
My buddy said this chocolate drink tastes
like a rich Milo drink. 

Nothing special, unless you need
a rich icy chocolate drink to satisfy
your taste buds after a warm meal. 



Honey Lemon Tea @ RM5.30

Due to my horrible condition of the day,
I had to drink this to sooth my throat.

I failed anyway, as I was under the weather for
an epic long record of 3 weeks! (omg~)

Gonna try the coffee during my next visit.
Keeping my fingers crossed!



The interior of the eatery.

Unique marble chairs and tables which reminds
me of the coffee shops of the olden days.

I like the colourful wooden windows used as the
decoration of the ceiling.
Creative desu~






Hmmm... think I might go there again for another meal as I fail to try some of the food in the menu, due to my condition that day.
A good place for a quick meal to satisfy your growling stomach, if your prefer some local nyonya dishes rather than having burgers and fries while shopping in the mall. 

Btw, no government tax charges as only service charge is included in the bill.


Food: 7/10 (they are ok...tastes fine if you are not picky)

Ambiance: 7/10 (clean and I like the marble tables. )

More info:
Address: 170-B1-32B, Gurney Plaza

Telephone number: +604-2270 694

Comments