Korean Street Food @ Myeongdong, South Korea

It is a wasted trip if you were to be visiting a country without trying out the country's famous street food. XP

I like to travel. Even thouh signing up a trip via the tour agency can be more relaxing and comfortable, I still prefer to explore a place myself. Free and easy, without rushing as if I am in an amazing race.

During my trip to the land of the "Gangnam Style", I managed to try out some interesting street food.
I love some of them. They cost for around 1600 - 3000 won (more or less), depends on the serving and what you are buying.
Too bad I do not have a cow's stomach which enable me to shove everything in. =.=





The tornado potato @ Myeongdong

It costs 2000 won for a skewer.
And it tastes good.
Crispy with a lil taste of salt and cheese 
to bring out the amazing taste of the fried potato.

You can opt for the one with a sausage as well. XD





My tornado potato.
Prepared to be eaten!

Still, I am amazed to see the ajeossi prepare
the fried potato skewer by twisting
a potato round and round on a skewer.
Sugoi!!!





Fish cake skewer @ Myeongdong

Fishcake is delicious and I love it.
I am a fan of fish balls, that explains why.

You can eat it with sauce or mustard.
(with both as well (^v^) )





Dried octopus @ Myeongdong

I do not fancy this, especially the one
being cut into pieces.

Too tough and took me ages to chew it.
(Tbh, my jaws were sore after that...ouch~)

Anyway, it is advisable to try out the shredded ones.
Plus, I have no idea if it is octopus or squid.
Though there's a big red octopus on the banner. O.O





Mini sausages and fish cakes skewer @ Myeongdong
(for 3,000 won)

This is another street food which caught the attention 
of my taste buds. (*^▽^*)

Hot and delicious. Perfect for a cold autumn day.

I prefer the sausages to the fish cakes which has
rice cakes in it.
It was kinda overwhelming which made
me wanna run away when I see rice caked.





Local food store @ Myeongdong
(They sell blood sausages and tteokbokki as well)

Bought hot dog wrapped
with ham and  french fries hot dog.

I love the french fry hot dog the most!
An amazing invention to wrap a hot dog using 
french fries!

Taste irresistible with chili sauce.
Yum! (^,^)-b





Caramelised sweet potatoes @ Myeongdong

We tried the small one which costs 2000 won.
the serving is way too small and it is expensive.

The potatoes are cold and hard, 
due to the cold weather I supposed.

Still, caramelised potatoes should be eaten
hot for its yumminess.





Tteokbokki @ Lotte Mart, City Hall

Tteokbokki with fish cakes, as well
as a hot bowl of fish cakes in warm broth.

The tteokbokki is extremely spicy and I
kept on drinking the broth. XP

Not a fan of  tteokbokki.
I didn't really eat any of it for the rest 
of my trip after this serving at Lotte Mart





Cotton candy in a cup.
My first time seeing it!


Too bad I couldn't try out the famous tall Myeongdong ice-cream, as well as the chestnuts and other pancakes.
Anyway, I am happy of what I've tried and I would love to explore the taste of Korean street food once again in the near future XD

Comments