Wong Kok Char Chan Teng (旺角茶餐厅) @ Paragon Penang, Gurney

This outlet is no longer available in Gurney Paragon

Besides roaming around Gurney Plaza, now, I have a new place to hangout, Gurney Paragon! ^^
It is a new mall and I’m still keeping my fingers crossed to check out more new shops and eateries pretty soon.


I went to Wong Kok Char Chan Teng for a meal after my shopping this time. Actually, this outlet in Penang has been around for a while, before the grand opening of the mall and you can reach it via the escalators located in the building which faces the Gurney Drive.



The vibrant colourful menu.
I love the design and it would be a great design
For a hard covered note book.





When I browsed the menu, I realised that I’ve been to JB’s Wong Kok years ago when I went to City Square. I used to order the thick toast since I love it so much XD Still, the good old days and whenever I saw thick toasts in a menu, I would miss my uni buddies.




The restaurant is full of diners due to public holiday.
Since Friday is a public holiday,
the set meals in the menu are not available.





Winter Melon Longan Herbal Tea (hot)@ RM 5.80

You can order a chilled winter melon tea with the same
price as well.
I am a fan of this beverage.

It tastes good, but kinda sweet for me though.
Plus the serving is kinda small and pricey, imho.





Watermelon Juice @ 4.90
Good to quench your thirst on a hot day. 



Fried Ramen (Noodles) with Pork @ RM9.90

This is worth it as the serving is large. XD

I love this as well because of the sauce which
goes well with the noodles and cabbage.
Can be a lil salty, but still, I like the flavour. ^^

The noodles is not too wet and soggy.
It is well cooked with generous amount of ingredients.




Sweet and Sour Chicken
with Mixed Vegetables and Rice @ RM 9.90

This dish tastes fine and it would be good if you were
a big fan of sweet and sour chicken.

Nothing special about it, just the usual sweet and sour chicken
You can find in any other eateries.

Generous portion of chicken.
Serves to be a good hearty meal. ^^






Cheese Baked Rice with Mix Mushroom @ RM 14.90
Cheese..cheese..cheese
I love cheese because of the flavour and sticky texture. Lol


I haven’t indulge in cheese baked dishes for a while
and this is unique.
I like the flavour of the assorted mushroom with the rice.
The sauce can be a lil overwhelmed as it is creamy and rich.
Fortunately, I shared with my family. 




Wong Kok is a good place for a meal if you were a fan of Hong Kong’s well-known dishes or when you fancy a non-fancy meal in a mall.
The food is decent and I would like to try out the set meals during my next visit.
Service charge is included in the bill and government tax is not included.


Ambiance: 6/10 (clean and decent place for a meal )

Food: 7/10

More info:

Business hours: 11 a.m - 10 p.m

Location: It is located near Sasa (a cosmetic shop)

Address: 163D-2-05, Paragon Penang, Gurney.

Phone number: 04-226 1264

Comments