Straw Hat (Mugiwara Boushi) @ Ghibli Museum, Mitaka

Visiting the Ghibli Museum (which is also known as Forest of Mitaka Ghibli Art Museum,  三鷹の森ジブリ美術館)was one of my main purpose during my trip to Japan and I was disappointed when my friend told me that the tickets were sold out during the date we were supposed to be in Tokyo (according to the ticket selling machine). T.T

Miracles do happen in life and just as magical as Hayao Miyazaki’s animation as my friend’s friend managed to help us get the tickets from Lawson! Sugoi!

Here's the link of Lawson : Ghibli Museum's Ticket


We took the subway train to Mitaka station and decided to take our leisure time walking to the museum.

It was a cloudy afternoon and thus, we were not grilled by the scorching hot sun.
You will walk pass a park and a tennis court before you reach the entrance of the museum.

No worries, there are signs to guide you along the way and that is why I lovvvveeee japan so much. Clear road signs…unlike those we have here which misguide you most of the time 




The bus which you can ride to Ghibli Museum





There are signs along the way to guide you
to Totoro’s land. 





At the entrance, Totoro will give you a big welcome. XD
Plus, you can see susuwataris lurking under the ticket booth.


In the museum, photos and videos are strictly prohibited as they want you to fully enjoy and treasure every moment, rather than looking at exhibits through the view finder, including the museum’s café! 
I was warned sternly by the waitress. Uh oh~

Anyway, there are still places where you are allowed to snap photos and here they are:





The bird’s eye view of the museum.
Taken from  the roof. ^^



Guardian of Laputa
Gonna rewatch the animation,
I can’t recall it vividly as I watched it 10 years ago. O.O


Now, the café at last. (*,*)v

It is known as Straw Hat, (Mugiwara Boushi in Nihongo) or better known as the Ghibli Museum Café.
I didn’t take much photos outside as we were running out of time since we got our tickets for the last entrance (16:00) and the sky was dark. A storm was brewing and we had to seek refuge indoors, I mean shelter. 


The Porco Rosso Board to show
some of their specialities



The menu of Mugiwara Boshi
Water is available for free in the restaurant.

Besides, just saw my photo of the menu that
the straw of the beverages is actually made by actual
straw. Amazing huh?


The cover of the menu did remind me
of Mei's hat from My Neighbour Totoro. 



Like-a-Summer-Cloud (Banana Shake)
@ 630 Yen

Here I go again, banana! Rofl
Well, the taste of the milk is strong and
I do feel that it is a bit insipid.
Or is it just me O.o



Hot Cocoa @ 530 Yen
First, the Totoro cup and saucer are
way to adorable. Kawaii ne~

The cocoa is good.
Rich, warm and tasty.
Good to keep you warm on a stormy cold evening.



‘Here Comes the Sun’ Cream Soda
 (on the far right) @ 580 Yen

Cream soda topped with a scoop
 of Blood Orange Sherbet.
This is refreshing and
 the colour is interesting XD

According to the menu, 
the colour changes is due to
the blue Mallow herb’s
 reaction with the lemmon syrup.

Hmm..I have no idea bout that though.


Ice Café au Lait @ 470 Yen
 (the one beside the Cream Soda)

It means coffee with milk in French.





Spaghetti Bolognese with
 Fried Chicken Topping @ 1,200 Yen

This is our dinner actually,
Besides all the other fantastic dessert we ordered. 

The chicken is crispy and the spaghetti is delectable,
they do make a good combination. ^^
The sauce is well prepared,not too sour 
and it is good.

I am more interested when it
 come to the Totoro plate.
 (No, should be totoros xp )
too bad I couldn’t take it home.



Strawberry Short Cake with Berries of All Sizes
@ 790 Yen

Yosh! Time for dessert!

I urged the others to order this as I
saw it in other blogs that it is served with a
Ghibli’s charater’s tiny flag.

We got the adorable Ponyo! XD
Plus, all the dessert is served using
a saucer painted with Jiji.
(fyi, it is Kiki’s black kitty)

Back to the keiki,
The strawberries are fresh and the taste
And texture is lovely.
Soft, sweet and fluffy. ^^
Hmmm..just that I do not fancy cream.
But, a dessert fan would love this.





Rare Cheese Flan with Granola Topping @ 580 Yen

This is my first flan and it tastes great.
Sweet and soft texture.Worth a try. ^^



German Mole Cake With Dark Cherry
and Rich Milk Ice- Cream @ 630 Yen

Crunchy texture with the cold creamy ice-cream.
The chocolate can be a lil rich and
overwhelming, still it is irresistible.


Well, we had an enjoyable time visiting the museum and the experience was indescribable beyond words.

Apart from the marvellous exhibits that brings you back to the yesteryear, the food was great. 

It was a stormy evening and the staff are very concerned when it comes to the visitors safety. They refused to let us out even though we told them that we need to catch the bullet train as it was dangerous to roam outside during a storm in Japan. Unlike here, prolly we will be shooed away. rofl

I would love to visit Ghibli Museum once again on my next trip to Tokyo. ^^
Miss the huge Cat Bus in the museum, as well as the lovely place. 


 Museum's Link : Ghibli Museum, Mitaka


Comments