Tokyo Disneyland, Summer 2013 @ Tokyo, Japan

A trip to Japan would be incomplete if you did not go to Disneyland.
It has been a dream come true as I want to go to Disneyland badly since I was a child.
I would have to thank my lovely buddy who is studying in Japan. She bought the tickets for us from Lawson and helped us planned the trip. Luv her! XD

My friend suggested that we should be there early before the theme park opened ( at 8 am or 8:30 am on that day, I can't recall) since it would be extremely crowded. It was the Obon holiday when we went to Japan. Thus, I have experienced an extremely crowded place during my trip.





 Once the park was opened, we saw kids dashed towards their preferred attractions. Monsters, Inc, Ride and Go Seek was our first ride and the line was long. We waited for almost 2 and a half hours to get in. O.O
The ride was fun and being inside the air-conditioned ride was a relieve from the hot sun.

I am surprised to see Japanese fathers waiting in line with their kids. Wow! They are really patient, unlike our dads here. 



A Pinocchio fountain

There are many statues, buildings and fountains which are constructed
based on the classic Disney cartoons.
You have to open your eyes wide and pay attention.

I didn't take all the photos, unfortunately.
The place was crowded, plus the scorching summer heat!



Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall in Fantasy Land

We walked pass this and I love entrance.
Too bad we didn't get to try the food.
We were rushing...to the next attraction!



 Grandma Sara’s Kitchen in Critter Country

I noticed that I only took the photo of the sign board.
Silly me...should have snapped the entrance.

The place is unique and the experience was superb!



Sachet of lemon juice for my coke.
Interesting! I thought they will pour the lemon juice
in the drink. ^^ 



Our food! It was delicious since we were staring and
thirsty, not to mention tired under the hot sun!

I can't remember what we had, but we ordered based on
the food samples we saw while queuing.
That's what I love about Japan!



Cold corn soup, dessert and salad which came with the
set lunch. We ordered an extra cake since there were
5 of us in a group.



The dining area is comfortable, cool and cosy.
I love this place and we felt as if we've been teleported
into fantasy novels or movies!

Robbin Hood? Lord of The Rings? Anyone? 



We were indeed lucky as we get to ride the 
latest attraction: Star Tours!

I was super excited and the ride was not bad.
(I prefer the transformer's ride in universal studio Singapore xp)

Saw C-3PO and R2-D2 as well. ^^



Hmm..no idea what it was.
Just knew that you can press it 
and the sound would come out.

Something on level of happiness?



There were decorations which shows Tokyo Disneyland's
30th anniversary celebration! 

It was a great timing for us as there were lots of souvenirs
that we could get our hands on. 



The big book for the Pooh's Honey Hunt.

The ride is actually inside the book and there are lots of 
details of a cottage and excerpt on Winnie the Pooh.

It was a great ride with awesome effects and design. 

Bought some Winnie the Pooh biscuit cause I love the tin at
the souvenir shop after the ride.
Too bad I can't take back a Pooh plushie. ><



The entrance of Mark Twain Riverboat.
I love this building. 
It makes you feel as if you've travelled to 
a brand new destination.



Water fountain in Western Land
if not mistaken.
Pretty cool, huh?

You just need to bring along an empty
bottle and you could save your expenditure.



Minnie's Ice Bar!
I saw some girls buying them and I had to try one!

Refreshing taste. To be, I prefer the orange flavour.



The Minnie's Ice Bar.
Cute! Too bad it had to be eaten . T.T



Mickey's Ice Bar which is orange in flavour!



It rained when we were waiting for the Pooh's Honey Hunt.
But, we were extremely lucky as the rain stopped and we got
to enjoy the Daytime Parade.

We sat with the crowd in front of Toon Town and the 
parade was amazing. The vibrant float, cheerful music
and lively classic Disney characters managed to light
up our mood after a rainy afternoon.

So, you shouldn't miss it!



Now, it is time to explore Toon Town!



I remembered that the sign board stated that
we had to wait for one hour to be in Mickey's house.

To save time as we wanted to enjoy more attractions,
we went to Minnie's house instead.

The furniture is adorable and basically it is like
a real house. With couch, telephones, cupboards,
dish washer...etc!

Really, I was in awe. And still am!



We opened the refrigerator.

Aha! Minnie is a fan of cheese!
She is a mouse after all. XP



My buddy was busy making medallions. 

There are tons of them in the park and there is a
special section in World Bazaar where you could make
medallion of different designs as souvenirs.



After riding the Gadget's Go Coaster in Toon Town, time for dinner! We headed to Plaza Restaurant in Tomorrow Land and there was a huge crowd!

We waited for a few minutes before we managed to get a table. Again, luck is with us.



Cold noodles for summer.
To be honest, this is not as good as it seems.
Perhaps I can't get used to chilled shrimps and ham.

You can get better cold noodles outside of the theme park.

Now, spot a hidden Mickey in my noodles!



My friend ordered this sandwich!

Cute! It tastes good as well.
I should have ordered this!



Rice with vegetables, chicken (I guess) and eggs.
I can't remember what it is.
Should have kept the receipt.
>,< Silly me. (Sorry,guys...my mistake)



It drizzled and we failed to get a good place for the special
Summer performance :(

On the bright side, we've got an amazing strategic spot for the
Nighttime Parade! Hip! Hip! Hooooray!

It seems they reserved a seated section for tour groups 
in front of World Bazaar.
We had to sit on the floor and oh my, my legs cramped.

The parade was amazing with glittering lights and dances.

It memorised us and I am touched.
Both parades are recommended and you should not miss them!



Inside the gift shop, ‘Bon Voyage’ before reaching the entrance of
the park.

There were many people doing their last round of shopping.
I stopped buying, though the souvenirs were extremely tempting.



I had a magical trip last summer and I am glad that I managed to go to Disneyland once before I hit the big three 'o'. Life is magical and may the magic stays alive!

Check this out to learn more about Tokyo Disneyland: Tokyo Disney Resort

More photos for you to have a glimpse of Tokyo Disneyland in Summer: Tokyo Disneyland Heats Up!

Comments