Seoul Garden @ Sunrise Tower, Persiaran Gurney

Seoul Garden of Sunrise Tower has been around for years and I used to stare at the restaurant when I passed by the place and wander what they serve.

One weekend a few weeks ago, my bro suggested that we go for Seoul Garden since the food is not bad. He had been there with his friends previously. It turned out that we had a great meal there. ^^



The dining area.
Pretty simple without elaborated decoration.
We sat at the table near the window.
You can see the view outside while dining. 


I enjoy my meals in Korean restaurant due to the fact that I looooove kimchi.
I love the rich spicy flavours and they are appetising.
6 side dishes were served and they include cabbage and radish kimchi.




The napa cabbage kimchi.
It is a must!



The other side dishes: (anticlockwise from the top)
radish kimchi, stir fried vegetables, bean curd, radish pickle (not 
sure bout what is it) and seaweed.

The best part is that they are refillable,
Same goes for the green tea.
You need to summon the waiter since they won't
check your table that often.



Kimchi Jjigae (Kimchi Stew) @ RM 20

The stew comes with a bowl of rice.
It is decent but imho, still lack of ingredients :(

Tofu, kimchi and a few slices of meat as I recall.
(Sorry, I can't remember much...sigh)

Perhaps I should order the hot pot or other stew 
for a change.



Dolsot Bibimbap @ RM 20

This is ok and I guess I am lost.
This is good, but not until it makes me refuse
to stop eating.

I am happy when the waiter is willing to mix
the bibimbap for me.
Vegetables and egg with spicy sauce,
I could not resist you!

The bibimbap is served together with a soup.



Pork Galbi @ RM35

We ordered this which is marinated pork spare rib with
homemade sauce and it was good.

The pork is well marinated and it is delicious.
Had it like a Korean by wrapping the pork in lettuce, together with
some sauce and garlic. Yum!



Korean Spicy Rice Cake @ RM15

This...THIS is surprisingly good and irresistible!

I used to dislike spicy rice cake due to the one
 I had years ago in Lotte Mart,Korea.

Till, my bro ordered this and tada! Me love rice cake!
Sweet, spicy and aromatic. I love the flavours!

However, this is not available in the menu and you need
to order this from the waiter.


A good Korean Restaurant for a family meal and the price of the food is not as expensive as I thought. We were charged for RM9.00 for the service charge. Hmmm...it is ok since the tea and side dishes are refillable. Lettuce as well and we had watermelon for dessert. Decent!

Looking forward to dine in Seoul Garden again. More food to try.



Address: 1st Floor, Sunrise Tower, Persiaran Gurney, Penang

Tel: 04-2298705

Business Hours:
12 noon - 2;30pm (Lunch)

6:00 pm - 10;30 pm (Dinner)

They are closed on Sunday.

Comments