Honolulu Coffee Shop 檀島咖啡餅店 @ Wan Chai, Hong Kong

It is a must to experience having a meal at a Cha Chan Teng when you happen to visit Hong Kong. Well, I only managed to have my breakfast (twice, actually) at Honolulu Coffee Shop and it was quite convenient as they open early. 



The entrance of Honolulu Coffee Shop.
Turn right at Exit A4 of Wan Chai MTR and you will see it.




Take away for some of the pastries and bread.
They do smell good...tempting.

Next time I will buy egg tarts and other
pastries there.



The menu on the table.
Perhaps you can request for an English menu.
I am not so sure if they have one as I didn't
request for it during my visit.




Breakfast and lunch set menu.
For the breakfast set, they have it from 6 am -11 am.
After that, you need to refer to the set lunch's menu.




Water will be served upon ordering.
Can't recall if they include it in the bill.




Egg tarts @ HKD 9 for each

The egg tarts are epic and they received rave reviews
from several blogs which I have read before my trip.

They are served hot...fresh and piping hot. No kidding.
Crispy flaky layered pastry skin 
together with the sweet wobbly smooth egg custard.

Wow...I miss them and I can still imagine the 
sweet aroma vividly. You will not regret
having them and I did went there twice just for the
egg tarts. XD




Pork Bun @ HKD 26

The pork is tender and juicy.
Not to mention that it was served hot and I love
the flavours. Yum!




Butter Polo Bun @ HKD 12

It does look good but when I ordered the other day,
it was cold. It doesn't taste good with the cold sweet
flavour in your mouth as buns are supposedly served
hot and fresh to taste good. T.T

It would be great if they would heat it upon serving.




I placed my order wrongly for French toast and I got this.

Should look for the Chinese words '西多士'
instead. Silly me.
Thick toast...if not mistaken and it costs around
HKD 18.





Butter toast (can't recall the exact name)
@ around HKD 18 if I got the right name

Love the taste of the butter and freshly toasted bread.

I ordered it accidentally as I had mistaken this for
the French toast. Oh well...




The interior of the coffee shop.
It was early before the rush hour starts.





Wan Chai in Chinese, calligraphy writing. 



Well, I would return to Honolulu Coffee Shop for their mouth watering egg tarts (epic!) and the pork bun. Perhaps the take away pastries and buns would be good. :)


Address: G/F & Mezz Floor, 176-178 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai

Business Hours: 6am - 12 mid night

Useful link:
Open Rice - Honolulu Coffee Shop

Open Rice - Honolulu Coffee Shop ( Mandarin version)

Comments