Auntie Sweet (Dessert) 甜姨姨私房甜品 @ Tin Hau, Hong Kong

I was staying in Tin Hau and was hesitating if I should try the dessert. It was my last day in Hong Kong when I went there and guess what, I regret my action (till today) as the tofu fa (bean curd jelly) melts my heart and I am in love with it now. :D


The dining area of the shop.

Simple plastic chairs and tables.
The place is well lid.
Should be popular among students since I saw
a few of them having their dessert there.

Instant Bean Curd Jelly (即撞木桶豆腐花)

Extra large - 85 HKD
Large - 36 HKD
Small - 26 HKD

I ordered this due to the adorable bucket. Hehe
A timer is provided and the timer will beep
after 2 minutes. After that, you are ready to nom
the tofu. However, you are not advice to
lift the cover before 2 minutes as the tofu might
not be ready and you will spoil the whole dessert. O.O

This tofu fa is the best I have tried so far and nothing
back home is as good as this. (It is difficult to find
good ones in Penang. Any suggestion?)

The bean curd jelly is fresh, smooth and wobbly.
You can add some brown sugar which is provided
on the table to your liking.

The rich aroma of the soy bean, together with the soft
rich texture really makes me happy.




The instructions pasted on the wall on how you
should eat your bean curd jelly. ^^ Interesting.

My brief translation:
First, you are not allow to open the cover before the
alarm beeps to avoid spoiling the dessert.

Next, check if your tofu is ready by placing your spoon
on the surface. It is ready it it sits there and the tofu
is solid. Else, close the lid and wait for another  2 minutes.

You are advised not to stir in order to not destroy the
texture of the tofu and eat with caution since it is hot.

Lastly, you can enjoy it with or without sugar.



Durian Bean Curd Jelly @ 42 HKD

You have to try this, if you are a big durian fan
because this tofu dessert is simply delicious.

The sweet aroma of durian together with the soft
wholesome tofu / bean curd.

I can't believe that durian and tofu would be 
such compatible until I had this.

This is one of their signature dessert. So, a must try. XD



A mix of good and bad review regarding this place due to the service provided. During my visit, the waitress was polite and I was surprised that she smiled to me. It is rare to see people smiling to you in Hong Kong and I had a good dining experience there.


More info:

CNN travel on Auntie Sweet

Open Rice -Auntie Sweet


Address: 13, Tsing Fung Street, Tin Hau, HK.

Business Hours: Monday - Friday (noon-2 a.m.), Saturday - Sunday ( 3 p.m. - 2 a.m.)

Comments