Magical Day at Hong Kong Disneyland

It was a dream come true to have the opportunity to visit Disneyland, since I am a fan of Disney's animation. XD Dreams do come true. I have been to two theme parks so far: Tokyo Disney and HK Disneyland. More to go once I manage to travel again. ^^

Besides, I bought my tickets in advance from HK Disnet's website and collected them HK Disneyland's Ticket Express at MTR Hong Kong Station (Tung Chung Line Concourse).

For more info, click here: Online Ticket Sales - Ticket Pickup



The handles in Disney's train.
The magic starts here. :)

Lots of decorations and details in the train.
You need to experience that yourself.

To reach HK Disney, you need to take the MTR to Sunny Bay station,
then transfer to Disney's train in order to reach the theme park.

I went there on February in Spring.
Not a big crowd, but still, it gets packed towards
the afternoon and I can see that most of them are visitors from China.




The fountain outside HK Disneyland.

Something you do not want to miss.
I didn't stay there till late for the fireworks and I took
more picture around 6pm before heading back to the
hotel when it was not crowded.



The entrance after you have got your
ticket scanned.



Sleeping Beauty Castle

They let us in early after checking our tickets.
You can visit Main Street, USA. However, you will
be stopped before reaching Sleeping Beauty Castle
is blocked by barricades.

Another reason not staying for the fireworks was
due to the renovation. The castle was not 
pretty enough. Rofl

Anyway, I decided to keep it for my next visit
since I can foreseen that I will be there again.



Main Street, USA.
Not as crowded since I went to the theme park early.



Details outside the store display of Main Street, USA.

They are attractive and you will be tempted
to take lots of photos.



Inside one of the stores.
Wow! Just simply amazing.
Looks like a candy store, isn't it?

Too bad that they are pricey.
Else, I would have bring more goodies home.



Mystic Manor at Mystic Point.

I love the ride. Lots of details to be noticed
inside the mansion.

I assure you, it is not just a gallery tour
and looking at antique.



Slinky Dog Spin (Toy Story Land)

A spinning ride which won't cause dizziness.
You need to hold the bar and stay still.
I was slipping while sitting near the edge. XD



Mad Hatter Tea Cup (Fantasyland)

I didn't get on this ride.
But I do enjoy seeing the colourful tea cups spinning
round and round and round.



A glimpse of Fantasy Garden.

You can take photos with various characters there.

I had mine with Mickey and Winnie the Pooh.
I was lucky as the queue was not long.



It's a Small World (Fantasyland)

This is the best ride of all in my opinion.
The queue was quite long since it was almost after 
lunch time when I went there.

With the famous 'It's a Small World' singing
in different languages and you can see
colourful attractions from countries around 
the world. You should enjoy the ride instead of
staying behind the lenses.

If you were lucky enough, you can see the animated
clock which will strike in every 15 minutes.
Everything is adorable, I would say.



Confectionery and snack stores can be
seen around the park.

I was eyeing the ice-cream and was having
the urge to try one.



Lotso Sherbet @ 32 HKD

They have popcorns at the popcorn cart too.
Can't remember how much it costs, but it 
is delicious. Crispy and not too sweet.
Unlike the lousy ones I had in cinemas. XD



Sour with a hint of sweet sensation.
I love this sherbet. It is refreshing.



Super Foot Long Hot Dog @  55 HKD
(had it at Tomorrowland)

Bought this for lunch since I was sharing it.
I bought the super foot long instead due to the price.
For the Jumbo Hot Dog, it is HKD 46.So, perhaps 
it is more worth it since I do not eat much.

Anyway, I had my hot dog with mushroom cream sauce 
which was a mistake. After a few bites, I got
overwhelmed with the rich flavour.
Should have tried chilli con carne instead.



The parade starts in the afternoon at 3pm.
You can find all the shows and parades' time and
venues stated clearly in the brochure given.

I would advice you to be there early due to the crowd.
I was quite uncomfortable with people pushing around
and squeezing just to get a good view of the parade.

With the music and colourful floats
with memorable Disney characters.
Shouldn't be missed and I enjoyed it.



Mickey waffle at last!

Hot and crispy...which is better than any waffles
I have tasted. ^^ There are honey and chocolate
under the 'ears' of the black mickey plastic plate.

Hope I do get them correct since I can't pretty much
recall. Should have taken down some note.


Well, I had fun in HK Disney, except for the noisy crowd. You need to plan your trip and go for the popular rides early. My first was The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, but, it was kinda let down as compared to Tokyo's. People did tell me, you should visit HK Disneyland before Tokyo's. 

Apart from that, I did have a magical unforgettable HK Disneyland trip. Do look forward to go to the other parks in the USA and Europe and HK Disneyland, I will be back. ^^



More info:

Trips with Tykes (HK Disneyland) - To plan your trip and rides

HK Disneyland's Attractions - Official website of HK Disneyland

Comments