Wong Tai Sin Temple to Langham Place @ Hong Kong

To experience life in Hong Kong, you need to walk among the people. During my trip, besides malls and Disney land, I did roam around some of the places and almost get lost while walking on Nathan Road. =.= 

Anyway, I started one of my day visiting Wong Tai Sin temple. I chose the wrong day as it seems that it was a prayer day. Full of devotees and tourists. So, I didn't get to get my fortune read and roam around the temple due to the crowd. It is easy to reach the temple as the MTR station which you should reach is Wong Tai Sin station.



The busy Wong Tai Sin temple on the day of my visit.
I saw people offering prayers and no chance for me

This temple is well known for their highly accurate 
fortune telling and you can get your fortune read by 
shaking a bamboo container and praying till a stick fell off,
which is known as 'kau cin' or 求签 in Mandarin
by kneeling in front of the temple as the people do.
You can exchange the stick for the number and get your
fortune read.

My friend told me that next to the temple, you will be able
to find fortune tellers to interpret the number on the
stick for you. 

You can look for fortune tellers to interprete
the number on the stick or head to their website
to get yours interpreted.

The main site of the temple to get your




Statue of Yue Lao, a match making God for
good marriage.

You can follow the way people make their wishes based
on a sign board there.




The scenic temple with lots to see.
There are even giant zodiac animals in front
of the temple. 


More info:





Ok, next stop, I get off the MTR at Mongkok station and I needed some time to get my bearings right. I started my walk from Fa Yuen Street and I actually walked up to Goldfish market. I enjoyed my day there since I can see lots of fresh beautiful flowers at Flower Market, as well as various pets, plus fluffy hamsters and rabbits at Goldfish market. Yup, they are not just about gold fish.

Anyway, I walked pass Ladies' Market without actually going into the area as I didn't have things to buy during that time. So, perhaps I should save them for my coming trips to Hong Kong.



You can see goldfish in packets when you
are at Goldfish Market.

Plus, fluffy rabbits, hamsters and other pets at
the shop display. Quite interesting if you love animals.




Stumbled upon these gold fish when I was roaming
aimlessly.

More info:





The beautiful flowers at Flower Market.
There were even bees buzzing among the colourful
flowers. I was in a good mood walking among
the fresh flowers. 




Road signs to help you navigate around the
area. They were useful to guide you towards
the right direction. Still, I need a map. 




Decorative golden yellow lime for lunar
new year. Too bad I couldn't get one home.
The colours are striking and they look pretty.




Chinese New Year decorations filled up the spaces
of Langham Place.

Too bad they were not open for visitors during my visit.
It was in front of Starbucks and I went there to have
a drink and a break before continuing my exploration.

C3 exit of Mongkok MTR station will get you to the mall.
There's a hotel in the mall too.


More info:



Comments