Sangkaya @ Gurney Plaza, Penang

If you want to go nuts about coconut, then, going to Sangkaya for some refreshments! :D

Sangkaya is a local company which sells coconut ice-cream like those you can find in Thailand. I was curious when I saw people trying them a few days ago.It look pretty cool and cute.

Sangkaya does serve other coconut goodies, like coconut shake, coconut water and cendol. I will try them one by one when I roam in Gurney soon. Besides. you can opt for 'Cha Yen' (Thai Milk Tea ) ice-cream too when placing your order.

Well, to order the ice cream, there are 3 options for you to choose from:
1. Cone ( 1 scoop)
2. Sundae Cup (3 scoops with one topping)
3. Signature - 4 scoops which comes with coconut shell with 3 toppings to choose from (they have a total of six to choose from)



Sangkaya's Signature @ RM 9.90
(Promotional price)
with corn flakes, roasted peanuts and
cereal for topping.
 The coconut ice-cream is smooth, not too
creamy or sweat which makes me fall in love with its flavour.

I read from website that they use coconut milk to replace
dairy, cream and egg in the making of ice-cream.
So, this is suitable for vegans and it is more
healthier in my opinion.




My bro's  ice-cream
With red beans, sweet corns and roasted
dessicated coconut as topping





Big chucks of coconut meat under the ice-cream.
Love the chewy texture and they taste marvellous
with the ice-cream.
Coconut fans, rejoice!

Found a new place for dessert at last and I can't wait to go back for more. ^^
It is just opposite Seoul Garden BBQ buffet of Gurney Plaza. You will not miss it. 


Website: Sangkaya

Facebook Page:Sangkaya FB Page

Comments