Chun Cheon Dak Galbi @ Vantage, Tanjung Tokong, Penang

I've read a lot about this outlet and I just don't have a chance to check out the food until last week. I went there with my buddies and I was shocked to find out that the place was almost empty during lunch hour on a Saturday. Anyway, a few tables were occupied after we went it for a while. XD



It is located on the first floor of Vantage (towards the 
right of the building if you come from Gurney Drive). 
You will see the colourful wordings, with the Chinese 
Words 春川. Too bad that I forgotten to take a photo of it.


Kimchi-jjigae (Kimchi stew) @ RM 18.00

The stew tastes good with a hint of spicy and 
sourish flavours from the kimchi.
They have pork, kimchi, glass noodles and
shreds of mushrooms in it.

It comes with a rice and they really tastes good
together, This is worth a try.



Makguksu (Cold Buckwheat Noodles) @ RM 18.00

My first time trying this. The buckwheat noodles
are chewy and chilled broth tastes a lil
sourish with sweet seafood taste. Perhaps
they use anchovies to prepare this dish.
Not my fav, but still, I tried this at last.



The side dishes and lettuce(garlic and sauce too) for
the dak galbi. I read on other blogs that they only
allow side dishes to be refilled once.

They refilled our glass noodles once and since we have
yet finished the others, I am not so sure about that.

The glass noodles are chewy and I love the texture.
Kimchi is good, not too sour and it is crispy.

The mashed potatoes tastes sweet, which is not of
my liking. Also, cold water is served.



Dak Galbi @ RM 26.00 (Minimum 2 servings)

I always get confused with the servings words, perhaps
it means you have to order two items from the menu.

Dak galbi is stir-fried chicken with cabbage, onions and
sweet potatoes with the aromatic spicy gochujang
(Korean chili paste).

You can opt to add additional ingredients based 
on your liking:

Rice - RM 6.00
Ramen - RM 6.00
Udon - RM 8.00
Rice cakes - RM 6.00
Cheese RM 8.00

We had rice cakes and cheese for our dak galbi.



The waitress cooked our dak galbi, which is superb
since I am not good when it comes to cooking XD

She covered the dak galbi with a metal cover after
the cheese was added to cook the dish faster perhaps.



Ta da!
I love the flavour of this dak galbi and you can
see that gochujang did a marvellous job to add
more flavours and aroma on korean food.

The cheese and rice cakes are lovely, together with
the tender chicken. However, the potatoes are a lil
uncooked. They should have cut it thinner.

The dish tastes better before the waitress came to
fry it again when we were having it half way.



A glimpse of the dining area. There is no signboards at the
entrance, just look out for light blueish windows and
stove on the table. Then, you found it!


I did come across some negative comments about this place but I had a good dining experience here, with fast service. My friend paid for the bill and I guess service charge is included (based on my reading before I actually start writing XD)

It is a good place to try dak galbi if you haven't had it before. As you explore more choices, you will definitely find what you like. Still, it is a place which can be considered to have a meal with friends once in a while.


Address: A1-6 & A1-7. Vantage, Jalan Desiran Tanjung, 10470 Tanjung Tokong, Penang

Business Hours:
11 am - 3 pm (Last order at 2:30 pm for lunch)

6 pm - 10 pm (Last order at 9:30 pm for dinner)

Comments