Afternoon Tea (Tea for Two) @ Suffolk House, Penang

My friend and I had been planning for ages to dine at Suffolk House and we kept on delaying until
one day in March this year.  I was excited as we got to visit the colonial mansion which is also a restaurant for fine dining.

The high tea starts from 2.30 pm to 5.30 pm and it is advisable to make a reservation earlier as you can't be sure if a table is available on that day. It would be a wasted trip and you have to pay for the entrance tickets.



The gate of Suffolk House.
You are only allowed to park outside the gate.
Besides, you need to purchase an entrance ticket
upon entering the building and it costs RM 20
per ticket. It is rather expensive but you
get to deduct it from the bill when you dine
at the restaurant.





The facade of the building.
I am glad that the building has been restored.
You get to see the condition of the building before
restoration, plus a couple of paintings of 
Suffolk House which are the exhibits.



A part of the ground floor of Suffolk
House which is rather spacious.



One of the room which is a dining room
for special functions perhaps.



The restaurant is located on the first floor
and signs are available to direct you
upstairs. The entrance looks pretty unique
and it makes you feel as you have 
travelled to the past.



The back of Suffolk House.
You can see huge trees across the field.
Plus, monkeys swinging on the branches when
you are dining upstairs.
I was wondering if they would land
on the balcony. ^^



The dining area at the balcony which 
will be used for high tea.



Tea For Two @ RM 90
(It costs us RM 55.40, together with GST.
RM 40 for the tickets has been deducted
and the entrance ticket is RM 20 per person)

We had Morgentau for the tea.
It is flavoured green tea with the taste
of lemon and mango.

It is rather unique as you get to taste the refreshing
green tea with a fruity citrus like after taste.
You get to refill the hot water. 

For the tea selection, you can check
 out their website.



Too excited when I come across 
some sugar cubes. ^^

They have milk for the tea as well.



The tray with assortment delicacies.
(Scones, cucumber and smoked salmon
sandwiches, chicken and mushroom pies)

I love the scones and they are the best
freshly baked ones that I have had so far.
It has a light fluffy texture which
is delicious in my opinion.

However, I do not fancy the beetroot 
tart although it is not too sweet and the
pastry tastes good. Perhaps I am not used
to the taste of beetroot.

For the chicken pie, it is a lil peppery
and they are ok. Plus, I don't really
fancy the sandwiches as I am not
a fan of cold sandwiches with mayo.



Cream, butter and homemade jams (strawberry, 
pineapples, ginger (perhaps) and berries)

I love the cookies and cakes as they are delicious.
Perhaps I am not picky when it comes to food.
The cakes and cookies are not too sweet and 
I kinda enjoy them.


Well, this is the first English Tea that I have had at a fine dining restaurant and I do enjoy the dining experience. You get to enjoy the breeze and the nature while dining at the balcony although there are some mosquitoes which will bother you at times.

Suffolk House do serve one of the decent afternoon high tea that I have had and I am impressed to see the restoration of colonial mansion which is pretty awesome.
Perhaps I should try their lunch or dinner one day.

GST is included in the bill, fyi.


More info:

Website: Suffolk House

FB page: Suffolk House

Address: 250, Jalan Air Itam, 10460 Penang

Comments